Insurance is a competitive industry. IAG's experience is that customers want products that protect them, their families and property. They are also attracted by service offerings that help them identify the level of personal and social risk faced by their families, households, businesses and communities.
IAG, through its operating brands, has delivered a number of products and services for customers that align with our position on sustainability. First and foremost, these are customer offers that make business sense, but they also reflect a new way of thinking for the long term about how our customers respond to innovative new offers that are right for the 21st century.
Some of the new offers put in place over the last 12 months have been:
- Risk Radar for Business — CGU Insurance: Risk Radar for Business is available to CGU Business Insurance customers. It is an online risk management tool that assists more than 500 business types in actively managing safety, health and environmental issues in their businesses.
- Fuel Efficient Saving — NRMA Insurance, SGIO and SGIC: customers with vehicles that are highly fuel efficient (less than 5.5 litres per 100km) at the discretion of IAG receive a saving on their comprehensive car insurance of approximately 10%.
- Contents Collection Service — NRMA Insurance (trial): dedicated collection trucks pick up damaged home items for customers after home contents claims and take them for re-use or recycling. Some items are on-sold at auction, generating some income which partially offsets the costs of running the service. The service is being trialled in Sydney in partnership with the NSW Department of Environment and Climate Change, with a wider rollout under consideration.
These new offers add to the range of customer offers already in place, including:
- Risk Radar — CGU Insurance: Risk Radar for Smash Repairers, which has been provided free of charge to all IAG Preferred Smash Repairers. Online Risk Radar products are also available for Motor Fleets, Farms and Offices.
- Climate Help website — NRMA Insurance, SGIO and SGIC: an online tool to allow customers to offset the CO2 emissions from their motor vehicles (www.climatehelp.com.au).
- Swann ActiV8 — Swann Insurance: a new business e-commerce system that facilitates the emailing of the Product Disclosure Statement directly to the customer. This removes the need for hard copy policy documentation to be made available at all motor dealerships (who sell Swann Insurance) and reduces paper usage.
- Home Help website — NRMA Insurance, SGIO, SGIC and State: an online tool that provides information on how to make your home more secure and environmentally friendly (www.nrma.com.au/homehelp, www.sgio.com.au/homehelp, www.sgic.com.au/homehelp or www.state.co.nz/Flash/Helphouse/index.html).
- GreenSafe Car Profiler — NRMA Insurance, SGIO and SGIC: an online tool that allows customers to see safety, security and environmental features of different vehicle types at a glance (online at www.nrma.com.au/carprofiler, www.sgio.com.au/carprofiler or www.sgic.com.au/carprofiler).
- Crime-check program — State and NZI: a package that offers both domestic and commercial customers quality alarm systems, fire extinguishers and smoke alarms.
Customer research and feedback consistently shows that customers have a strong interest in innovative product and service offers that have related social and environmental benefits, and IAG is continuing to develop new offers that appeal to this interest. Ongoing product and service innovation is an important element in long term business success.
Equity and Hastings Champion Safer Biking. Motorcyclists represent 1% of motor traffic in the UK but suffer 20% of deaths and serious injuries from traffic accidents.
There are economic and social benefits to be had from the growing recognition that there is both a need and a demand for microinsurance products in Asia.
'The Australian' newspaper reported research carried out for IAG by Aeques Partners under the headline "give workers an inch and they will give back a mile".
The ultimate test of the engagement and commitment of staff is whether they recommend the job to their family and friends.
IAG is a partner in an important research program to identify the importance of prompt assessment and early intervention with specialist treatment in the recovery of accident victims.
Queensland householders are offered a free fire safety audit of their home courtesy of the Queensland Fire and Rescue Service and NRMA Insurance.
IAG recognises that long term business success depends on attracting and retaining high performing people.
Insurance is a competitive industry. IAG's experience is that customers want products that protect them, their families and property.
A snap audit identified a large volume of unsolicited corporate junk mail coming into IAG's George Street Sydney mailroom.
Devastating storms in the Hunter, Newcastle and Central Coast regions of NSW saw tens of thousands of NRMA Insurance customers suffer personal trauma and property loss in June 2007.
IAG has accepted a leadership role in developing the business case for sustainability in the insurance sector around the world.
IAG is working on the challenge of establishing consistent sustainability principles in our supplier partnerships.
IT technology innovation can go hand in hand with meeting environmental and business sustainability targets.