IAG is committed to attaining the highest level of corporate governance to ensure the future sustainability of the organisation and to create long term value for its shareholders. To achieve this, we promote a culture that rewards performance, integrity, respect and a considered sense of urgency.
The Group has a corporate governance structure and risk management framework designed to provide a sustainable balance between its core business (to pay claims, understand and price risk, manage costs and reduce risk) and its responsibility to provide fair and stable returns to shareholders.
Among the key corporate governance policies and principles followed by the Group are:
- IAG Constitution (228kb .pdf)
- IAG Board Charter (37kb .pdf)
- People and Remuneration Committee Charter (25kb .pdf)
- Audit, Risk Management & Compliance Committee Charter (35kb .pdf)
Insurance Australia Group also has detailed policies and codes of behaviour relating to ethics, conduct, shareholders, risk management, and community and environment.
IAG’s most recent corporate governance report appeared in the 2010 annual report. Throughout the reporting period, IAG complied with the Australian Securities Exchange Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations (2nd edition), below:
- Lay solid foundations for management and oversight
- Structure the board to add value
- Promote ethical and responsible decision making
- Safeguard integrity in financial reporting
- Make timely and balanced disclosure
- Respect the rights of shareholders
- Recognise and manage risk
- Remunerate fairly and responsibly
For details about how IAG complied with the ASX Corporate Governance Council’s Corporate Governance Principles and Recommendations, see the corporate governance report from the 2012 Annual Report (1.17Mb .pdf).
IAG is careful to ensure that price sensitive information is provided to all investors and market participants at the same time in accordance with the ASX Listing Rules.
Shareholders may raise any issues or concerns at any time by contacting the company:
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
or by writing to the chairman or company secretary at:
Insurance Australia Group Limited
388 George Street
Sydney NSW 2000